Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Last week!

I wish I could communicate when my friends or loved ones actions bothered me like I do with strangers. I was talking with a girlfriend on yesterday, a lot of things I've just kept bottled in, and she was telling me of her experience when Katrina hit and how she had to move in with her sister. She said all her extra's she did was put on hold, same as I when forced to live with someone last summer. But not everyone has that mind-set, and it becomes even more confusing & frustrating when you're struggling. I had to live with an older sister in Jersey for about a year (man.........), and had just met her a couple months before on the phone lol.....but every chance I got I was cleaning & cooking, making sure any extra I could do was done. I'm sure there were times she felt stressed as well and never said anything. But man, although I love my sis like crazy I can not wait for her to be in her own place this weekend! Yay!!! *whew*

With all that being said I am thankful God put me in a position to help and we were able to keep heads above water, but I pray she's never put in that situation again. I say she 'cause I on the other hand have 2 little people and have a feeling they may have to/want to move back in after college lol

As for my communication skills, I was raised to keep everyone happy and it definitely carried over into adult-hood (no arguments, hate drama, rather ignore & run), but I pray I can do better in that department.

~Peace & Blessings~

No comments: