Friday, December 21, 2012

Boyfriends Vs. Husbands

I've heard this saying before but too often it becomes second nature to me to praise and treat a boyfriend as if he's my husband.......dropping everything for, making sure fed, making sure straight, sexually, mentally and physically meeting every possible need all while suppose to be "in fun".  Have said it before - if I keep giving so much of myself now I'll have nothing left for the one who deserves it all.  If I remove the special attentiveness I risk losing what I've worked so hard for (yet still don't have), they have "psycho moments" because are no longer receiving these "good deeds". 

I'm done...... Years and years of heartaches and yet I'm told to "just have fun".  Amazes me that having fun has still left me alone, single, and not being treated the way I would like.  I could say this decision is based off of the New Year....partly is....but I just had a man that I've been dealing with for the past year and a half tell me out of all the sh*t I've done for him and being here that although he would like to progress with me he would also still like to "get to know" other women and is not ready to be committed to me fully.  I have just paid for a service that I am not guaranteed to receive.

*sighs*

Natural Hair and No Sex.......we'll see how this goes......

1 comment:

Don said...
This comment has been removed by the author.