Friday, August 13, 2010

Carrot Cake......

"I remember years ago~someone told me I should take~caution when it comes to love"........and I didn't. So I got a text last night that made my heart skip a beat....but then bring me back to reality. I miss my friend but what I actually miss may have just have been a figment of my imagination. I feined for him like a man who's taking me on a million dates, has spent countless hours sharing dreams, fears, and aspirations when truth be told there was never a date....not one. The only time spent on the phone is finding out where we were before staying the night with each other. As for dreams, fears, or aspirations.....well..... I felt special when he let me in on a secret of being allergic to Orange Juice, and that's not so much secret material so maybe just the fact of learning something new after 2 years gave me pause. He makes reference that twitter is just that, twitter, but its all I have to show me how he interacts with others, his attitude. One minute its serious about putting God first, the next I guess I'm to assume is a joke.... "waiting for another chick to get off work same time as me", or who's gonna give him head for the evening, etc. I put him on mute to blind myself of what I didn't want to read while wishing he would talk to me just as much, and then ultimately gave all social networks a break from my life period.


See I no longer want to feel confused nor confuse myself ~ one minute saying what I want in a relationship, the type of man, yet playing myself with a guy that doesn't even do the basics. I have a lot to offer besides being sexy....and when I say sexy I don't just mean my 32-30-42 figure ~ this includes my demeanor, attitude, strength, education, independence period. I don't know too many women strong as I am, not putting down I just don't. So for me to take all that and yet deal with a man who can look at me as if I'm just an option proves that I need to change this pattern. I don't want to come off as "stuck-up" or "too good" but definitely feel where those type of women are coming from. Things change when u not only know, but remember your self-worth.


~PnB~


Carrot Cake, just happens to be a fav & dessert for tonight ;-)

No comments: